BSIG and Tele-Emergent Care
We’re bringing convenience, compassion and real clinical care to get injured employees back-to-work more quickly.
We understand the importance of responding quickly when an employee is injured on the job, whether the event requires emergency or non-emergency treatment.
We have partnered with MedCall Healthcare Advisors, LLC. to provide (on a voluntary basis) the injured employees of our Workers’ Compensation policyholders, immediate access to board-certified emergency room physicians, through the simple touch of a button on a smart phone, or a phone call.
MedCall has a unique platform that will allow our policyholders and their employees to immediately report workplace accidents and injuries via a ‘smart phone app’, or through a toll-free number. Injured workers will be able to immediately speak with an ER Physician with no waiting, appointment or call back, to insure that employees receive the best and most appropriate medical care.
Benefits of BSIG’s Tele-Emergent Care Program
Of 6.5 million ER visits, 66% were classified as avoidable!*
*According to a Truven study. Source: United Healthcare Opinion Research
- MedCall Healthcare Advisors, LLC. is the nation’s largest emergency medical practice in the US, and is staffed with highly trained Physicians who are Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
- Global 24/7/365 access via smart phone to Physicians, within 5 minutes, who can evaluate, advise and refer the injured worker when necessary.
- Eliminates avoidable ER and Urgent Care visits.
- Employees can remain on the job site while having access to emergency medical treatment, and allows the employee to return to work more quickly.
- Skilled Physicians make medical decisions that are in the best interest of the injured worker.
- Medical professionals at MedCall’s call center document the ‘event’ in real time, so that our policyholders do not have to do it. This report then immediately goes to our Claims department professionals for handling.
- Free Physician follow up for injured employee for up to 7 days.
- Assistance in early return to work when available, helps to improve overall workplace morale.
- Bi-lingual services available.
With Tele-Emergent Care, we are bringing another unique service to our policyholders that supports our ‘Back-in-Business’ claims strategy.
Notice: For convenience, Berkley Southeast Insurance Group is providing to its policyholders access to MedCall for medical assistance/information, but Berkley Southeast Insurance Group does not endorse the use of MedCall or the information, products, or services (including, but not limited to, the appropriateness or suitability of any diagnosis, course of treatment or medical advice) provided by or accessible through MedCall. Access and use of MedCall, including the information, products, and services on or available through MedCall, is solely at your own risk, and Berkley Southeast Insurance Group makes no representations or warranties, express, statutory, or implied, with respect thereto. Berkley Southeast Insurance Group is not responsible or liable for any damage or loss caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly, under any theory of law, by or as a result of the use of or reliance on any information, products or services accessible from MedCall. BERKLEY SOUTHEAST INSURANCE GROUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU OBTAIN FROM MEDCALL.
BSIG Claims Service Commitment
- 24/7/365 multi-platform claim reporting
- Accelerated auto and property estimating and repair options
- Fast Track medical only claims handling program
- Tele-emergent medicine program-immediately connects injured workers to medical care, not triage
- Return to work programs resulting in employees returning to work 42% quicker than the Official Disability Guidelines (ODG)
- Immediately report auto losses, obtain photos, locate a body shop with just your policy number through our mobile auto app